The safari include, Full board accommodation, Transport, Primate and Bird watching, fauna and flora observation in different park. Contact with local people. All visits are done by excellent and qualified tour guides pertaining to the national parks. For all hotel mentioned below are 3 to 5 stars hotels. So the rate changes according to the hotel of your choice.
You will meet your safari guide and transfer to Nyungwe forest lodge by road for your accommodation.
Overnight at Nyungwe forest lodge (D/FB)
After an early breakfast, you will set off to discover the primates and scenic splendor of Nyungwe. Viewing the primates on the steep slopes of Nyngwe forest is quite challenging but the park guides at Nyungwe are experienced and very knowledgeable about most of Nyungwe’s wildlife. The guides shall provide you with all the relevant information about thße primates in Nyungwe forest; primates lifestyle, feeding, reproduction among other details.
Among the primates you are to track in Nyungwe forest include; chimpanzees, L’Hoest’s monkey, golden monkeys, large troops of the Angola Colobus, vervet monkeys, Silver Monkey, Hamlyn’s Monkey, Red-tailed Monkey, Dent’s Mona Monkey, Olive Baboon, Grey-cheeked Mangabeys among other primates.
A safari to Nyngwe forest will also expose you to an excellent birding experience. Nyungwe forest harbors almost 300 bird species of which 24 species are endemics of the Albertine rift region like the great blue Turaco, the Rwenzori Turaco, paradise flycatcher, a long-tailed blue, orange and white bird, and the forest hornbills among others.
Return to the lodge for lunch, relax and wait for dinner and overnight at the lodge.
We follow the Gusakula Tea Estates and Lake Kivu after breakfast. (2-3hrs walk).Embark on your trip to Kigali for your flight back home with lunch enroute.
Nyungwe forest lodge
The lodge, built to blend in with the surrounding environment is situated in a tea plantation on the edge of the Nyungwe closed canopy rain forest, home to 13 species of primate including Chimpanzees. Rooms feature; Fire place, Air conditioning, Private mini bar, Tea and coffee making facilities, Hairdryer, Private deck, En-suite bathroom with indoor shower, International dial telephones, Digital satellite TV and Wireless Internet access.
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)