There are 480 mountain gorillas in the Virunga massif of which Volcanoes National park is among.Volcanoes National Park also features impressive flora at different altitude zones as per the rising mountains. It also supports fauna like black-fronted duiker, buffalo and bushbuck. The Park also features 178 species of birds of which 13 species and 16 sub species are restricted to Rwenzori and Virunga Mountains.
Day 1After breakfast, embark on the drive to Kigali City 116 km about 2 – 3 hours’ drive with impressive views of the scenic Rwandan hills en route. Upon arrival, you tour the Kigali genocide memorial to explore of what actually transpired during the 1994 genocide that hit Rwanda. The writings and audio presentations in the museum offer you a themed interpretation of the collected items. Retreat from the tour and mark the end of the tour.
Day 2Have early morning breakfast, after trek to the Dian Fossey center and encounter her great work to save the gorillas. It was her effort that mountain gorillas received international attention and their conservation was given consideration. Her research station at Karisoke is a collection of wide information about gorillas and also her tomb rests at the site along with that of her favorite Silverback digit. You retreat from the activity which tend to last 4 hours and embark on the transfer back to Kigali.
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)